What to Expect
Chiropractor Perth - What to expect on your First and Subsequent visits
On your Inital Chiropractic visit our Chiropractor will conduct a thorough investigation which will involve:
- Detailed questioning of your medical history
- Analysis of your symptoms
- Examination of your posture
- Assessment of range of motion and muscle strength
- Examination of Neurological and Orthopaedic signs
- May include referral for XRAYs (we do not conduct XRAYs onsite)
- Give you a diagnosis and establish a treatment plan
- Treatment will commence if your Chiropractor feels it is safe
On your subsequent Chiropractic Visit our Chiropractor will:
- Review any XRAYs that have been requested and educate you on the findings
- Re-assess your key symptoms, posture, range of motion and strength
- Perform more treatment specific to assessment findings and your goals
Chiropractic treatment & Chiropractic adjustment
Our chiropractor will tailor a chiropractic treatment plan for you based on your specific condition and goals. Our chiropractor will choose appropriate techniques based on your problem areas / diagnosis and ensure that you are comfortable with these.
Manual chiropractic adjustment techniques may involve a “cracking” noise which is the release of gases that have built up around the joint. Spinal adjustments are not painful.
Our chiropractor will use a range of techniques to reduce muscle spasm around the area of concern. If significant muscular abnormalities are noted your chiropractor may refer you to our in-house Occupational Therapist, Massage Therapist or Physiotherapist for further assessment and treatment.
Chiropractic Treatment Reviews:
Regular re-examinations will be conducted to review you progress. Please feel free to ask your chiropractor any questions you have about your diagnosis, prognosis , progress and rehabilitation program.
To book a chiropractic consultation in our Perth city clinic call (08) 9481 8708